Thursday, July 29, 2010

End of Band Camp 2010

tonight was the last night of drill camp for Alton high Marching 100. the band put on a performance for the parents, the show looks really good this year. I am looking forward to an exciting season. I love marching bands. My son Torrey is in M100 and he is a senior this year, I don't know where the time went, marches on I guess. ha!ha! I am so funny, lame really. For the pic above I was playing with filters, opacity and layers. the end result is okay, not thrilled but not awful either. I will probably have a lot of band pics as I enjoy photographing the band and of course my son. M100 is amazing actually, they put in a lot of time and hard work on these shows and it shows. Plus these kids have been out learning this show in 100+ degree temps, that shows dedication and perseverance on the instructors and kids part both. I appreciate their hard work and talent and dedication to their craft. AHS really does have a top notch music program and I am fortunate that my kids get to participate. If you can come out and see a show, or halftime at a football game or catch them in concert or a parade, you will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment